Due to domain transfer issues, BetaWiki is on a temporary domain. Approx. for a week, betawiki.net will redirect here. After the issues are resolved, this domain will redirect back to betawiki.net. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Android 1.6 (codename Donut) was released on 2009-09-15. It is based on Linux kernel 2.6.29.
- Voice and text entry search enhanced to include bookmark history, contacts, and the web
- The ability for developers to include their own content in search results
- Multi-lingual speech synthesis engine to allow any Android application to "speak" a string of text
- Easier searching and are able to view app screenshots in Android Market
- Gallery, camera, and camcorder more fully integrated, with faster camera access
- The ability for users to select multiple photos for deletion
- Updated technology support for CDMA/EVDO, 802.1x, VPNs, and a text-to-speech engine
- Support for WVGA screen resolutions
- Speed improvements in searching and camera applications
- Expanded Gesture framework and new GestureBuilder development tool